Healthy Smile Tips
Captain Smiles has provided you with the following tips on how to keep your teeth healthy!
• At least twice a day brush for two minutes, one minute each for the upper and lower teeth. Use a timer to help keep track.
• Use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
• Floss between your teeth once a day.
• Avoid drinks with lots of sugar like soda. Limit juices to meal times only and drink water between meals.
• Cooked starches, such as pretzels and pasta, can lead to cavities just like sugar. Saliva, which washes away starches and sugar, is produced when eating a meal, so both are safer for teeth when eaten with a meal instead of as a snack.
• Caregivers and siblings can pass germs that cause cavities from utensils, cups, and other objects, so wash them thoroughly before sharing.
• Regular check ups with an exam, cleaning and topical fluoride application are recommended twice a year.